POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Clownfish with photons : Re: Clownfish with photons Server Time
20 Jul 2024 15:29:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Clownfish with photons
From: Mike
Date: 5 Aug 2000 19:13:23
Message: <398C9F9B.3DB205AA@aol.com>
>Are you getting a memory increase over the duration?  Or was
>that steady throughout?

It seemed pretty steady, flucuating slowly from around 40mb to 80mb.

Something more interesting I noticed was that the CPU usage really falls
off during the photon gathering step.  You'd think it would be near 100%
through the whole thing, but in that pre-render step it starts out near
100% and then falls off in a linear fashion to almost nothing before
it's ready to render.

I wonder if there are breaks in CPU usage as the photons are stored in
memory...otherwise I'd think that it's not working as fast as it could.

-Mike